2008-10-23

One Day

Watching the end of the movie, "Secondhand Lions", where Walter gets a telephone call letting him know his uncles have died. Raised by his uncles, it's an emotional scene.

I couldn't help but think of one day getting a call to let me know my father or mother have passed away.......Or my grandmother.

One day I'm going to call and she won't be there. She's 88. She says many times the call is the best part of her day. When the kids are with me they want to be the first to talk to her and tell her they love her the most.

"I love you, Grandma", is the last thing I say to her every night. "I love you too, Adam", is the last thing she says to me. What a spectacular way to end your day, with love.

One day this will no longer happen, except in silent whispers towards Heaven.

And until that "one day" happens, I'm going to continue being in love with life and those I love, not "one day" in the future, but right now, one day at a time.

p.s. One of the best scenes from the movie, to which I'd like to add, "Right always triumphs over wrong, if you have the inner strength to make sure of it".


No comments: