2008-09-18

Happy Birthday Stina

My daughter turned 14 on Monday. I found these pictures but not the poem I wrote for her. I can't remember in which of my many notebooks I wrote it in and I have to leave to prepare for Open House tonight.

But in case I don't find it I don't want the sentiment to be lost. I have more unfinished writings in notebooks and saved as drafts on this computer than I have posted. I doubt if I ever do.

I want her to know how much I love her as my daughter, for who she is, and for everything I see her as capable of becoming.

I love you Cristina. You are remarkable!

Thank you for letting me into your life and into your heart.

(*The pictures with the book was my Christmas present to her a few years ago, The Iliad by Homer. You can tell from her look she's saying to herself, "He expects me to read that?")



No comments: