2010-06-14

We Are All Connected

Wanted to share a comment I left on a student's photo. I think it reflects how important we all are to the world around us when we allow ourselves to be our best and brightest selves.

In this student's foto I was in the background with my hands on the shoulders of the student who was the hardest to reach, but WAS reachable, thanks in large part to the student I wrote this to.

As the Prince of Persia said, It was "Difficult, but not impossible". We are all treasures worth fighting for and protecting:

".....you brought such a positive, pure loving energy into the classroom that I felt and used to give to and empower others. Without you I’m not sure I would have had the strength and energy to reach everybody else, including those hardest to reach. But we did it! WE did it! 

This is why I got on you so hard when you would break down and shut down. Who you are and the positive impact you can have on the world around you is far too great not to be turned loose like a mighty river. You make a very BIG difference in the lives of others. You did in mine, and in the lives of those I reached out to, helping how “we are all connected” become even clearer to me. 

Thank you"

No comments: