2010-01-23

Give Yourself a Rare Gift

One morning last week a student came up to me and said she had me figured out.


"You know Mr. Stuart, when you get really tired you tell us that you're running out of energy and that if we don't learn how to give back to ourselves you're not going to be able to keep working with each one of us. You're going to give us assignments out of the book and have us sit quietly at our desks doing it.....But you never do. You never give up that we all can really get smarter every day and really become big in life, getting our dreams."

A smile came across my face and I said, "That's right. I never do. Your parents never gave up on you because they KNEW you could learn to walk and talk, and BELIEVED in you UNTIL you believed that much in yourself too....and finally developed those abilities.


I KNOW you all can learn to do what I'm asking you to do too. And no, I don't know how to give up on any of you, so I tell myself I can do this again for just one more day. But appreciate it for what it is........a rare gift, one that fewer and fewer people will see in you and help you see in yourself, because they're going to be too busy trying to see it again in themselves.

All I'm asking is that you accept this and give it back to yourself. KNOW you CAN make your dreams come true by making YOURSELF come true.........and please BELIEVE in yourself UNTIL you do BECOME big enough to make your big dreams BECOME big realities.

Give this gift to yourself, feel energized and focused beyond belief, and you will have given it back to me. Because you can't give this gift to others by buying it, you have to BECOME IT.

No comments: