2009-11-13

Dear Mr. Stuart (actual letter from student)

While I was writing the "Dear Mr. Stuart" poem last weekend for the student who scored a 0% on her math test, she was writing her own actual letter to me, which she gave me on Monday morning.


"hello Mr Staurt I was thinking on the other day when we took Big 20# Math test and I noticed I am failing Math class and I really want to pass 5th grade math I don't want to fail math I want to work harder then I did Before I want to Be aBle to help you sometimes and I missed you when I was ABsent that Day tell every Body I missingfriends. But I Still Just want to Pass 5th grade Math. Please forgive me





I Love you Mr Staurt





Nov 10th


You rock"





I told her I was going to keep this letter in my pocket until she got an A on one of these 5th-grade level tests, then shared my poem with her.





Today she takes another test, and we we find out if I've learned how to teach her better, and if she'll have better results on today's test. Dreaming Big, believing v just wishing things can be better than they are, is step one.





Step two is Doing Big.





Step two happens today



1 comment:

Angie said...

With your love, support, and guidance, I have faith that she will show improvement on every test that she takes. Good luck to her......and to you, keep believing ! You DO make a difference !

xoxo
Angie